Saturday, October 25, 2008

Harshing my mellow.

A friend had asked me whether I'm really that bitter. After the things that have happened, I have found myself with next to no income. After visiting the better business bureau and searching the web, I found, as many of you already know, how little to no advocacy there are for employees. At the very least, we should have a forum. So here we are...a little forum.

Today, instead of my usual cup of fresh brewed espresso at Time Market, I went to a Chinese market and picked up cans of Mr. Boss "premium" cappuccino, cutting my coffee expense by half. Those cans are surprisingly tasty. There is a little message on the side of can telling consumers not to be alarmed if the milk fats solidify.

I have applied for new work but with no luck yet. Monday will be my very first visit to the unemployment office. I have yet to find out whether I qualify...I'm almost certain the experience will be interesting.

I remember being told by the GM that he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. One of the things we can learn and take away from the current status of the economy is the hope that seeking only the interest of ourselves will not prevail. It does not take much to show grace and compassion towards each other. Even just a little bit goes a long way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's nothing like a five ounce shot of Mr. Boss to wash down the tough cookies.

Although it's entertaining to follow your blog, I'm sorry to learn about the brutal swing in events. As dire as they are right now, things can't keep you down for long. For what it's worth, you've got my cheers.